By purchasing merchandise, submitting art/designs, or submitting a character, you agree to our terms of service stated below.
General Website Use
Our website has been set up and is run through Shopify. Issues including connection errors, server problems, and similar issues are out of our hands.
Basic Rules: General rules that are required to be followed with general website usage.
- Do not try to gain access to areas not available
- Do not try to crash or shut down our website
- Do not abuse the contact form
- Do not abuse the "special instructions for seller"
- YaffYoff will not be able to fulfill all "special instructions for seller"
Merchandise: info and terms of our merchandise.
- Merchandise ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Merchandise displayed on the website is always available for purchase unless there is no stock, or the product is no longer available.
- YaffYoff! will not run out of stock unless the manufacturer runs out of stock
Customer Art Use: How the customer may use the art/merchandise they purchase.
- You may put our art/designs online (digital images of our art, designs, or merchandise) as long as you credit YaffYoff!
- You may publish photos of our art, or you wearing our merchandise (Actual photos taken of YaffYoff products). Although it is not required, please credit YaffYoff! It helps us grow our and reach new potential customers.
- You may not take our art/merchandise and use it for anything other than our merchandise
- You may not claim our art/merchandise as your own or claim credit for it if it's not yours
- You may not trace our art or recolor it
- You may not put our art on your own designs or pieces
Artists/Designers: How artists and designers get paid and their ownership status over their designs.
How Artists/Designers get paid:
In order to achieve our promise of putting artists first, we have our own unique way of getting your designs out into the world.
- First, artists will be given and idea/theme/concept or they may come up with one on their own
- They will then payed an initial commission for their first submitted design to the company. The commission price will be dependent on the complexity and quality of the art. Once an artist starts regularly making designs for our company, they will no longer be payed an initial commission. They will, however, continue to receive royalties on all existing and future products.
- We will then place the design on a product and start selling it
- Artists will then receive a 15% royalty from the profit per product sale. It may not seem like a lot in the beginning, but over time, it adds up. Artist will receive royalties once every month
- In the end, the Artist will not only receive a commission for their first piece, they will also continue to make money passively on royalties
This strategy allows us to put the artist first and connect with the community closer as well. The reason we have a first initial commission is so the artist will at least receive a commission for their time making their first design, and will still receive something if their design does not sell well.
Terms of design use:
- YaffYoff! has the ability to decide the fate of artists/designer's designs
- YaffYoff! has the ability to add more stock of products, remove stock of products, end sale of an item, or remove products from the store. Artists/Designers are not able to decide this
- Artists/Designers are allowed to share art/designs they have made for YaffYoff! as long as they credit both themselves and YaffYoff!
- YaffYoff! own the rights to any art submitted to us, however, artists/designers will be credited
- Initial commissions are determined and must be agreed upon by the Artist Consultant and the artist/designer
Characters and Design Themes
We create unique characters and design themes that are not associated with any existing original characters. We also receive characters from the community to use in our designs. Submitting your character for a design is a good way to get your name out in the community and enlarge your image, and a good way for us to have lots of variety in our merchandise. Who wouldn't want their character on a product? We will choose members from the community who have submitted their characters to us and send that to an artist to create a design for.
Character Submission Terms: terms for submitting a character or design theme
- We do not take pre-existing art. All art will be made by artists specifically for the purpose of being sold by YaffYoff!
- Character providers are not required to pay for anything in the process
- Character Providers will not be paid for submitting their characters. The artist/designer who draws the piece will receive the royalties.
- YaffYoff! will choose what characters in designs to use. There is no guarantee that a submitted character will be chosen. Very few characters will be chosen.
- Character submissions are only accepted when submissions are open. Opening dates will be announced on our twitter
Other terms not stated here, most of which concern Shopify and store usage, are available here